Robert W. Schwartz
1069 Mindy Ln., Wooster, OH 44691
I am a seasoned field service technician and technical manager with 30 plus years working in electronics and field service who is always looking for new challenges. I have extensive experience in multiple industries including consumer, security, and industrial electronics and am just as comfortable working as a part of a team as I am being solo employee having done both successfully. I have also managed as many as 25 people in a technical environment.
Senior Field Service Technician 8/2013 – Present
Employer: Hach Lange
5600 Lindbergh Dr, Loveland, CO 80538
Field service technician providing preventative and corrective maintenance on Hach Company’s vast array of water monitoring and testing equipment installed at municipal and industrial locations throughout Northern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
- Consistently meets or exceeds company performance goals earning over $350K in contract revenue per year
- Took over several large accounts that were close to not renewing their service contracts and in less than a year had them renewing their contracts, often with increases in scope and dollar values.
Senior Field Service Technician 11/2002 – 8/2013
Employer: Siemens Government Technologies
1881 Campus Commons Drive, Suite #300 Reston, VA 20191
Solely responsible for performing field service including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on various passenger and baggage screening equipment including X-ray and CT scanning systems installed at all commercial airports in South Dakota as part of a contract with the Transportation Security Administration. Highlights include:
- Only technician in the state providing 24/7 support at 7 different airport locations.
- Performed maintenance on 5 different types of complex security systems from 7 different equipment manufacturers.
- Consistently met or exceeded company goals on response and equipment mean down time (MDT) despite the large area covered.
National Service Manager 5/2000 – 10/2002
Lead Bench Technician 10/1998 – 5/2000
RF Bench Technician 10/1997 – 9/1998
Employer: Sencore Electronics
3200 Sencore Dr. Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Hired as a bench technician responsible for depot level corrective maintenance and calibration on Sencore’s line of digital RF signal level meters and provided telephone support for customer issues related to those meters until promoted lead technician after 1 year and to National Service Manager after 18 months.
After promotion I supervised the service department that included a $1.2 million a year budget and employed 5 technicians and 7 to 10 support personnel consistently maintaining or exceeding the company’s profitability and efficiency goals. Duties also included:
- Managing customer support concerns which involved working with customers to satisfactorily resolve product servicing issues.
- Identifying product reliability issues and working with product engineers to resolve those issues.
- Managing personnel including scheduling, determining manning levels, hiring, dismissing and performing annual performance reviews on all service department employees.
Electronics Technician 1st Class (ET1) 9/83 – 1/93
United States Navy
Various locations in the US and overseas
Performed scheduled maintenance and component level repair on various aircraft carrier based air traffic control systems. Equipment responsibilities included automatic carrier landing (ACLS), instrument landing (ILS), and air search radar. Later assignments involved managing the Air Traffic Control maintenance work center and Radar maintenance division which involved supervising and scheduling up to 25 technicians.
Naval Air Traffic Control Maintenance
Air Traffic Control Radar and Landing System Instruction
Millington, TN 1984-1985 and 1988-1989
Electronics Technician Class A School
Basic Electronics Instruction
Great Lakes, Ill 1983-1984